Featured Post

Sexual Predator on the loose, Carteret, New Jersey Part 2 As Promised

Good Morning everyone. As I promised yesterday here is part two of Mohamed Radwan’s story. I want to remind everyone this is not my story ...

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Sexual Predator on the loose, Carteret, New Jersey Part 1


Late last evening I got a message from young man in need of getting his story out to the public for all to see for more than one reason although the primary person in this story would love to have you believe it is a political assault on his character. For the record the young man I am about to introduce you to is a registered Democrat. The reason I am starting off with this is because the elected official he is talking about is also Democrat and would love everyone to believe this is an attack by the GOP to keep him out of office. Trust me he isn’t that important to the GOP, but it is important for you to hear this story because this could happen to you, your child, your grandchild or someone else you love, and we cannot allow it. Peaked your curiosity then please read on. Let me introduce to you to Mohamed Radwan. This is his story to tell.

My name is Mohamed Radwan and I need you to hear what I am about to say in order to prevent this from happening to someone else. I am compelled to share my story with you today about a certain politician who holds the seat as the Mayor of Carteret, NJ, Dan Reiman.

                I am now thirty-five years old but this story dates back to when I was in high school. Going back to when I was in 10th or 11th grade I was sexually harassed (propositioned) time and time again by Reiman. This sexual harassment continued in my life for almost twenty years. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would be able to speak out about it. To talk outside my circle of trust in a “normal” conversation. I lived with fear, guilt, and humiliation buried deep inside of me but more importantly I lived with fear of retaliation from Mayor Reiman. I wasn’t afraid he would go after me, but I feared for my immediate family and that is why I have kept this hidden from the public eye until now. I can no longer allow this creep to get away with what he did to me and I believe, in my heart, he is still doing this to this day to other innocent victims who are just as afraid as I was to step forward. You see, I know there are others beside myself who he harassed but I cannot and will not use their names because it is their story to tell and I am hoping by getting my story out they will find the courage to step forward and realize there is support and safety in letting the public know what a monster this man really is.

                The sexual harassment by Dan Reiman took place on numerous occasions over the years and I stood quiet because he did what other sexual predators do to their victims in order to keep them quiet, he threatened my family. On several occasions Reiman said to me he would, and I quote, “destroy” anyone including their family, if they dared to challenge his position of power. What power, he is a mayor of a small town in NJ who thinks he is bigger than life itself. Carteret is a small community and I have a feeling many people know the truth but are afraid to come forward. No one wants their family to put in harm’s way, so I can understand why they have kept quiet over the years. There are people who work in this town who cannot speak up for fear either they will lose their job, or their family members would lose theirs. For the last sixteen years Mayer Daniel Reiman has been mayor of Carteret and he rules with an iron fist. Behind his professional face, the one he shows to the public, he keeps his secrets of being a sexual predator to young under aged-boys well hidden. I know this because as I have stated before I have lived it. I have lived with these memories and this fear for a good part of my life.

                I know you are probably wondering why I waited so long to come forward. Trust me it is not for capital gain. I am not looking for anything other than to get my story out there and hopefully protect others from never having to experience what I had to go through for so long. I chose to come forward at this time for several reasons. There was a time in my life I didn’t think I would ever speak out not just because I felt no one would believe me, but because I was worried about Reiman targeting my mother, father, and brothers. At the time this was going on my mother was ill and I didn’t want to put her through anymore. Fear kept me at bay, but I can no longer live with this secret. An eye opener for me, was when I learned of the Kevin Spacey story in which he was accused of seducing and sexually assaulting a fourteen-year-old boy. To me our stories are a mirrored image. My story started when I was 15 or 16 years old thanks to Mayor Reiman who began soliciting sexual favors from me through aol instant messaging, (IM). Remember those days?

                It was through these instant messages that Reiman sent me inappropriate text messages, videos, etc. He asked me for sexual favors with the promise of employment once he was elected as Mayor. When in his company he consistently tried to touch not only my private parts but also other teenagers in his company as well as expose his genitalia when others weren’t around. Alone in the car with him Reiman would demand sexual favors always with promise of employment as if that made up for what he was trying to do. There were many times when I was still a minor, he would ask about specifics concerning my sex life. He wanted me to send him photos and videos of me engaged in sex acts with my girlfriends or just of myself. I refused him every time, but it didn’t stop him. If you know anything about sexual predators, deviants you know this is known as “grooming.” I do have witnesses as to these events, but they are my closest friends and I will not put their names out there because to this day they are fearful of what would happen if they came forward. So, I feel I must protect them unless they so choose to come out into the open.

                It took time for me to come to terms with what I went through since I was a teenager. It took me going to talk to a therapist for me to come forward. I was advised to talk to an attorney for my own protection since Reiman has an arsenal of attorneys. Even at that I found it difficult to find someone I trusted. After talking with an attorney for approximately 15 minutes, he advised me all I had, at best, was a civil case and not a criminal case. I ended our visit because I am not seeking a quick pay off, I am only seeking justice.

                Since the most recent news reflecting the recent corruption in Carteret, I felt it would be safe to bring my story to certain media outlets. I met with the Middlesex count Prosecutor, Andrew Casey’s, office. I worked with his Lieutenant for several weeks and was told they were ready to go for a Grand Jury indictment but due to the Statue of Limitations, which is 15 years, I was two years to late with reporting this. However, there is still a chance if other victims come forward. The Lieutenant was appalled at how an elected official behaved this way pushing his so-called power around to get what he wanted for such a long time. His biggest concern is how many more victims are out there.

                Next step I got the media involved. I met with many reporters for several months. These reporters met with several people who corroborated my story. Another victim stepped forward, Pedro Morquillas of Carteret, who reported to the FBI in the summer of 2016 Reiman sexually assaulted him in 2007. At the time he seemed willing to publish his story when he talked to the editors. He agreed to meet with them again in 24 hours to go on record but  neither I, nor any of the reporters I spoke with have heard back from Pedro since. The only conclusion I can come to is since he did speak with the reporters, he has landed a job in Carteret with the Fire Department. You know what they say about politicians promises made, promises kept.

                I will continue with Mohamad’s story in tomorrow’s blog. Please share this and let people know as Americans we cannot and will not allow our children to be harassed by sexual predators. We will and need to stand together no matter how powerful these people seem to think they are.

May God watch over Mohamad, keep him and his family and friends safe from harms way.

No comments:

Post a Comment