Featured Post

Sexual Predator on the loose, Carteret, New Jersey Part 2 As Promised

Good Morning everyone. As I promised yesterday here is part two of Mohamed Radwan’s story. I want to remind everyone this is not my story ...

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Drop the Drama and Embrace the Positive

I went back and forth today on what to write about reading one news article after another and all it did was cast a shadow of negativity around me. We can keep dragging up the garbage in the news, talk about it on social media, blog about every chance we get, and do live videos on it but it changes nothing. What good does it do us to keep dragging up the negative and passing by the positive?

We all know how we stand with our politics after it being tossed around social media for the last two years at least. Yet I still get people on my social media pages that love to try to get me in to an argument. They haven’t figured out yet, that’s not me. I may answer them once politely but as they keep the conversation going on a negative direction I usually say something like “well that’s the beauty of this country you have the right to your opinion and I have the right to mine, God Bless you.” No matter how much they post after that I don’t respond. Not to upset them but to stop the craziness and drama.

I have decided I am going to start searching the news for positive articles, events happening and of course the United States of America’s history. I know it’s not all sweet smelling roses but it happened and it’s important for us to remember the history of this nation and how we came to be and how we got to where we are today. Perhaps we can even agree that our history good, bad or indifferent is amazing even though we screwed up a little here or there as we fought to bring the United States together.

When my daughter started college I went with her to orientation and we sat through a meeting and listened to a speaker who talked about the integrity of the school and the importance of teaching their students how to be accepting of those around them no matter what the color of their skin, their religion, or culture. I remember the speaker saying if you see someone struggling be it with a package in their arms to open a door or just having a hard time in class, take a moment to give them a hand.

It wouldn’t hurt to hold the door open for someone who perhaps is having a hard time because their hands are full or just because you are being nice and holding it opened as you leave the building. I often think about that day and the speaker. He made so much sense because he talked about showing a little kindness and sending out a little positive energy.

Have you ever noticed if you are walking down the street or you are in the store and as you pass someone in the aisle you smile and say hello and they do the same thing back? I do it all the time and I would say 90% of the time I get a positive reaction. Some people are just unhappy all the time and it wouldn’t matter if you stood on your head spitting wooden nickels they wouldn’t smile at you but that’s ok just don’t hold onto it and allow it to make you mad.

Why am I talking about this? Well you see over the last few months besides the media being full of unsettling news and everyone looking for our President to fall on his face, I have been getting hit on my social media by people who don’t like my posts for one reason or another. I also have friends who are going through the same thing but we all know these people live for the drama and give it no credit. We go on with our posts and we ignore the negativity. It’s just the way we are.

We are very lucky in this country to have the freedoms we are blessed with so why is it we are so hell bent on destroying ourselves from within? Why is it people love to be miserable and drag anyone and everyone down with them? Life is too short to live in the negative, to only see the dark side of things and think everyone is out to get you.

Not everything is about race, religion, or your politics. Take a moment and look at the beauty around you no matter where you live. You see we are blessed with so much that God gave us and so many of us close our eyes to it. The beauty of the blue sky, the sun, waterfalls, the ocean, and even the rain and snow are a blessing because without them we would not have the water we need to survive. So each day we have is a gift and instead of spending it dreading going to work or having to interact with this co-worker or that one, think of the positive things in your life and live for that.

I am a nervous person, always was and at my age, I don’t think that is going to change, but at the beginning of the day I thank God for letting me see the sun come up and at the end of the day I thank him for allowing me to have such an amazing life. I am not a rich person financially but I am because of the amazing family I have and my wonderful friends.

It doesn’t take a lot to turn the world around from negative to positive. It only takes a few to start spreading a little cheer. I am not saying preaching and trying to convert people to your way of thinking spiritually but I am saying if you are nice to someone by throwing them a little smile or holding the door for them then they will pay it forward and so on and before you know it a positive chain has formed and will continue to grow.

The United States of America has always been a strong leader. Its citizens have always worn their pride and love for their country on their sleeve but recently with the events in the news and the craziness that is encouraged through protests and riots we have become the negative energy feeding the rest of the world nothing but darkness. If we cannot be united then how can we help others become united and put the craziness going on around the world to rest?

Yeah I know what you are thinking, it’s always up to us to fix the mess. Yes it is because we started out a small country of just 13 colonies and have grown to be a world power. We don’t run and hide when others get nasty and we stand by our friends when they are in need. We may not always agree but that is alright because if we always agreed life would be boring. The important thing is for us to stand United and Strong so we will be ready to deal with anything and everything that comes our way with a positive outlook putting the right foot forward and tripping up those who wish to do us harm.

For this nation, this world, to heal from all the negativity that has been pushed out over the past two to three years we need to start looking on the bright side of things. We need to start working together and bringing positive into light every day. We know there are bad things going on in the world but to call people names, mock people who believe in God no matter what religion they worship, to make fun of people for the way they speak or their political belief isn’t going to help fix anything.

You have that much negative energy why not turn it into something positive? Why not take some time to volunteer at a school reading to the kids, go to the VA hospital and spend some time visiting the veterans who are recovering from one injury or another, volunteer to help a neighbor mow their lawn, or just spend some time with someone you know is all alone and can use a friend. Spread a little kindness and it will come back to you and it will bring a brighter light around us all.

Stop walking around with a chip on your shoulder feeling as if everyone is out to get you. Stop living in the past and start looking towards a brighter future. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because there is always someone out there who has it harder than you do. No one has had a perfect life and we all have had hurdles to overcome and lessons to learn. It’s what you do with the lessons you learn in life that matters.

Life is too short and if we don’t stop and think about what is really important to us it can be lost before we even realize it. Take a moment to look around at all the beauty this world has to offer, take a moment to say thank you to whomever you pray to, take a moment to realize just how lucky you are and more importantly take the time to smile, dance and sing so your heart is full of love, happiness, and positive energy so you can pass it on to those around you. For me I think this is not only the perfect prescription to heal yourself, the country but also the world.


May God Bless America and bring a positive light into our darkest hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment